Friday 5 February 2010

1950's styled shoot




This shoot was my own uni project in my second year. We had to choose a period from the 20's to the 60's. I chose the 50's mainly because i new someone who had the right length hair to create the style, and who's eyebrows were not too think for the make-up look. The hair was set using a selection of heated rollers, and then dressed out by myself. I airbrushed the make-up base and contoured the cheeks instead of using a blusher. The eye make-up took inspiration from an image i found of Marilyn Monroe, so its not a typical 1950's look, it is slightly more glamorous. For this shoot we had to do everything ourselves and were marked on it all. I styled the outfit, and also found props to set the shoot up like an image i had of Marilyn Monroe where she was doing her own make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment